7/14/2019 Update: My cousin setup his campaign.
I have a friend that needs to setup a GoFundMe campaign. I went through the steps and have found a few best practice videos to share with them.
First of all, let’s go to the experts for some advise on setting up a campaign. The GoFundMe video below gives advice on setting up your campaign.https://youtu.be/dfSzEuY2Pxs
To summarize the advice was to be transparent by answering the following questions.
- Who is your story about?
- What exactly happened?
- Where did it occur?
- When did it happen?
- Why are you starting this GoFundMe?
- Share with 3-5 contacts and ask them to donate and share with their networks.
- Share through Text, Email, Phone, Facebook Twitter, LInkedIn, Snapchat,
- Share with your networks such as student associations and your fraternity/sorority.
Finally, Update Your Supporters
- Make a video
- Share pictures of the results
- Thank your supporters
The next video has a little more information on GoFundMe.
How to Setup a Campaign
- Sign up for a GoFundMe account using your email address of Facebook account. Be sure to confirm your email address after you setup the account.
- Set your goal. The above video suggested setting it as low as possible.
- Be sure to include enough for the fees (5%, 8% transaction cost).
- Upload your pictures or video.
- Tell the story using the tips above from the first video.
- When you have completed the setup, you will be able to preview the campaign.
- Make sure it answers questions as best as it can and proofread the information.
- Add your photo for authenticity.
- Email friends.
- Share on Facebook.
- Monitor your progress.
- The campaign doesn’t end until you deactivate the campaign.
- Be sure to continue to let your supporters know the progress through the campaign page.